Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Two Cents...

It seems everywhere I turn there is controversy.  Arguments over issues that, growing up as a child, used to be "no-brainers."  I see friends turn on friends, ugly words spoken and typed that cannot be taken back.  I have watched and listened in awestruck horror as we make our voices heard simply because it is our right to do so.  And, through it all, I have begun to ask myself how Jesus would respond to this if He still walked this earth. 
 
Honestly, I don't know what He would do or what He would say.  I know it would be full of love but also full of Truth.  I know that I am tired of being silent but I want my response to honor Him and not simply gratify my desire to be right.  Hopefully this will do just that.

I believe in God.  The one true God, Jehovah-Jireh, God Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, the God-who-sees-me-right-where-I-am-but-loves-me-anyway.  That God.  I believe He created man and woman to be able to make new life through physical union.  I believe sex is a beautiful, remarkable gift from God that should be treasured and kept within the sanctity of marriage.  I believe that any life the Lord gives is holy and precious and should be protected.  I believe that any instruction that God has given has been given for my benefit and protection. 

I believe these things because I am a God-follower.  If you do not follow the same God I follow, I do not expect you to feel the same way.  I do not love you less because you disagree with me, however, I do disagree.  My heart is heavy for you and the pain and heartache I know living apart from God causes.  I know this pain because I have experienced it myself. 

I believe in Jesus Christ.  I believe that because He died for my choice to live "my way" and to "be my own person" that I have been made "right" in the sight of God.  I love Jesus for that sacrifice.  He has shown me grace and mercy that I will never be able to fully understand.  He extends that same grace and mercy to all who trust in Him.  It is because of this belief and trust that I love you. 

So, no matter our differences, no matter what you support that I cannot:  I love you.  It is that simple.  No harsh words.  No jostling to be right or politically correct.  God loves you.  He has provided a way for anybody to experience that insane, crazy love He has for them through Jesus.  He has given freedom.  He has given hope.  I believe this because I am a Christ- lover.

In this crazy, mixed up world I believe in the Sovereign God.  I do not fear the changes but that doesn't mean I have to like them, support them or believe in them.  Likewise, you do not have to like, support or believe mine either.  What does matter is this: You are precious in His sight, therefore, you are precious in mine.

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8







No comments:

Post a Comment