Monday, September 25, 2017

The Faith of a Child

I was in Walmart (I mean, really, where else would I be?) and my attention is drawn to a little girl who can't be more than three years old. Her face is turned up to see the face of one of the biggest men I have seen recently. She is looking up, up, up just to look into his eyes and I hear her say the word, "Daddy...." I don't know what came after that because I was lost in the expression on her face. She had this look of complete adoration. And you know, just by her face, that her daddy can move mountains. Her daddy can do no wrong. You know that she trusts that man because he is her daddy. No questions, no doubts, just...well...faith. She can't explain it. It hasn't even occurred to her that it may warrant an explanation. That man is her world and in him all things are held together. Oh wait...that sounded like a Bible verse... Sure did. "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17 That little girl had a child's faith in her daddy. We are called to have that same faith in our Daddy as well. Why? Because children trust without question, they believe what their parents' say because of that faith and they act on what their parents' say because they know that whatever they were told to do is right just because of who said it. Isn't it about time we went back to trust our Daddy God that way? Imagine the adventures He will take us on if did. Imagine the relationship that will develop if we just trusted and did what our Daddy told us to do.
"and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

No comments:

Post a Comment